Saturday, April 9, 2016

Taste the Rainbow

 One week into the third nine weeks of school (my school year is split roughly into four nine-week periods) I was already on my fourth all-nighter and suddenly my life had become a sign from above for me to stop sinning because, between my AP US History teacher discovering the concept of pop quizzes, giving us one practically everyday and my AP English Language and Composition teacher who must have been auditioning for the role of "most-obnoxious-teacher-period" by scheduling a 250 point mandatory mock exam on the Saturday morning AFTER MY BIRTHDAY PARTY (moment of silence please), everyday was literal academic hell (or maybe it was sign for me to stop procrastinating, but, you know).

   I made it through though, by multiple shots of caffeine, 30 minute naps at 1:00 a.m., the ends of my nails, and Fashion Week. Lots and lots of Fashion Week.

   Ok, so, maybe Fashion Week was the reason why I was up so late all those nights, and maybe, MAYBE (most certainly) I'd scroll through online articles of show recaps and fashion blogger vlogs instead of doing a few (most) of my Precal assignments, but, hey. With shows like Ashish's fall/winter 2016/2017 prismacolor collection where models shimmied down the runway line with punchy, pastel afros and and iridescent, fish scale sequined dresses, flouncy blouses, and bottoms in matching vibrant hues giving not only a nod to 70's disco dances but also a throwback to 80's colorful cartoons like Rainbow Brite and Jem and the Holograms (one model looked almost exactly like my favorite Hologram, Shana Elmsford) could you blame me? 

1 comment:

  1. Hihi love it!!!

    xxx Linsey from POSE-BLOG.com

    You can also check my BLOGLOVIN & FACEBOOK if you like! :)

    ReplyDelete